Gaming is one of the most spectacular forms of entertainment offered to children and adults. It went from pixelated screen to high-quality graphics with amazing sounds and evolution. The Xbox series has been one of gamers’ biggest and favorite consoles for decades, and Microsoft’s merger has been an extraordinary gift for gamers to this day.
Let’s say you are an Xbox 360 lover and enjoy the thrill and excitement of playing games at home with your perfect setup. But chances are it is still being used by other family members or friends, so what should you do? Well, there are practical and convenient options to consider as well. Believe it or not, running Xbox 360 games on a PC with Windows 10 is quite easy and phenomenal.
Read: How to Fix Fortnite Sound Not Working on Xbox
If you want to indulge in the most exciting games for a thrilling experience without spending extra on a console, then you are in luck. In this article, we have given step-by-step details on how to play Xbox 360 games on a PC. Let’s see what you have to do.
How to Play Xbox 360 Games on PC?
Everyone knows that Xbox games are not only great but also attractive, and if you want the best solution for playing Xbox 360 games on PC, here are the best tips. Below are two different methods that can help you play a game from an original disc or a digital download.
1. Play Xbox 360 Games on PC Without Emulator
Can I play Xbox 360 games on Windows 10? Yes, technological innovations and the expansion of the gaming industry have made almost anything possible. Therefore, you can play Xbox 360 games on PC without an emulator by following these simple steps:
- Simply search for the Store app in Windows 10 or open Microsoft Store on your browser.
- Now type the name of the game you want to play in the search bar.
- You can find the game if it is available on the Microsoft Store.
- Select a game to go to its store page.
- Press “Get” to download the game for free or, in other cases, purchase the game.
The easiest way to play Xbox 360 games on a PC is to download the game on your system. Most of the time, Microsoft Store helps you get them for free. Although there are various games in the store, you will find a complete selection of favorite games to play; Limited Xbox titles are not available. If you can’t find your game in the Store library, follow the next method.
2. Play Xbox 360 Games on PC with Emulator
First of all, you need to know what is an emulator?
Emulators are computer programs developed to emulate another type of device. Although their services are restricted, they offer personalized options and new features. For example, an Xbox 360 emulator supports a variety of game titles, but a limited number. In addition, you will find a long list of emulators on the internet, but with their compatibility and restrictions.
system hardware requirements
You must have a PC with the following configuration for smooth game running as you cannot run emulator software on older systems:
- At least 2 GHz processor
- 64-bit X86 processor
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 RAM
- Disk Space: 250 GB (depending on the game)
The latest standard computers easily meet the criteria and there will be no problem running Xbox 360 games. In comparison, graphics requirements may be different for publishers. It’s important to remember that the Xbox 360 is designed with a bespoke GPU equivalent to 7770 GHz HD, but a 2GB or larger graphics card will suffice to run any emulator.
Download and Install Xbox 360 Emulator
Emulators are specially developed on your PC to play the most sensational games on Xbox devices. First, download an Xbox 360 emulator on your PC, but there are a lot of options available that contain malware and viruses as well. Please refer to the reviews on the internet before choosing and installing any of these emulators.
Here we will describe how to download and install one of the most reliable emulators; Xenia.
- In your browser type http://xenia.jp/
- Now go to the Downloads tab in the left menu
- Click on Page Master.
- Download notification will appear and the process will start automatically
- Once done, go ahead and extract the contents of the compressed file to your hard drive
- open xenia emulator
- Drag and drop Xbox 360 game files saved on your hard drive into the emulator window
- The game should start automatically in no time
How do I play Xbox 360 games on PC with discs?
As a gaming enthusiast, chances are you still have your Xbox 360 console’s disc collection with you, and they certainly work with emulators. So let’s see how you can play disc games on your PC with Xenia.
- Insert the game disc into the system drive
- Now open the already installed Xenia emulator
- go to files here and open
- Navigate to the Disks section of Windows
- The emulator will show only games on the disc with the ISO extension
- Select and open your game
- The game will be loaded and ready to play
How to Play Xbox 360 Games on Discless PC?
The emulator is an advanced and tuned application that lets you make the most of it without any hassle. If you have a collection of downloaded files of the game you want, you can switch to an emulator and run it on your PC. Follow the mentioned steps:
- Open emulator
- Go to file and open
- Find the game directory stored in the drive
- Select game executable or XBLA file
- Click on Open and the game will load on your PC without any delay
Recommended emulators to download
The emulator offers great features for gamers who want to play their favorite games on their PC as Xbox 360 setup is a bit expensive. But if your PC meets the hardware requirements, then you surely know how to play Xbox 360 games on a PC with an emulator. With a wide variety of good and bad emulators on the market, we have some recommendations for our readers:
- Xenia Emulator – The best choice with 90+ titles available for Windows 10 supported PCs.
- CXBX Emulator – Convert Xbox games to .exe files but limit to 5 Xbox games only
- DXBX Emulator – Supports 32-bit PC versions and also works well with Xbox One games
- EX360E Emulator – This emulator runs both Xbox 360 and Xbox One games. Grand Theft Auto V is also supported in its latest version.
Xenia is the best on the internet with positive reviews, it tops its rivals for being the most stable emulator and Halo Games and supports and adjusts both disc and executable game files with the option of game save.
Of course, the Xbox Series is a notorious console; So, we have tried to tell you about the most convenient and easy steps to play Xbox 360 games on PC with and without an emulator. We hope you will not have any problems and enjoy playing the game without paying extra for the game console.